Earthen Lamp are looking for an entrepreneurial and experienced Development Manager who shares our values of integrity, agility and simplicity. As we embark on a new phase of growth, we are looking for a key person to manage our marketing and business development functions.
You will join a team of talented research and strategy experts that are passionate about the creative, cultural and heritage sectors. If this sounds like you, please download the application pack below and get in touch with us with any queries on email@example.com
Location: Home-based, with some travel to client locations
Reports to: Director
Manages: Development Executive, Marketing Assistants, Marketing and PR consultants
Salary: £33,405 – £35,256 (pro rata)
Terms: 0.4 FTE (12 months contract)
About Earthen Lamp
Earthen Lamp exists to bring bright thinking to cultural and heritage organisations and creative businesses. What sets us apart is our straight-talking approach, our experience, and our determination to tackle any challenge with gusto. We believe that simple ideas and solutions can light up the darkest corners and solve complex issues. Our team of experts help creative, cultural and heritage bodies make informed decisions and gain new perspectives. We do this in keeping with our values of agility, integrity and simplicity.
At the heart of our work is a deep knowledge and understanding of the cultural sector, the policy context, and the creative industries and allied sectors. This comes from our expert staff and their interest and commitment to these sectors. The people at Earthen Lamp and our combined experience are the core strengths of the company and make us stand out in a crowded marketplace.
About the role
The Development Manager is a new role at Earthen Lamp to lead the development strategy of the company, which includes new business generation, marketing and PR. Working with the Director, the Development Manager will oversee the marketing and business generation activities of Earthen Lamp, including the development of pitches and proposals for new business. You will join the core management team of three alongside the Director and Research Manager.
Benefits and Rewards
- Monthly working from home allowance
- 25 days annual leave pro rata per annum (plus Bank Holidays)
- Fully flexible working pattern
- Auto enrolment into a workplace pension scheme for all eligible staff
- Enhanced Sickness Allowance
- Private Medical Care
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to and budget for career development identified through yearly development review.
- Support for personal growth and development, whether that be diverse skills development, volunteering, or extended time off for travel (length of service dependent).
- Regular and supportive feedback and appraisals
In return, we ask that all staff:
- Remain committed to learning and development, of themselves and their team.
- Work collaboratively and engage with others.
- Respect and promote diversity and inclusion.
- Act and behave according to Earthen Lamp’s values.
We are an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We are a Living Wage employer
Earthen Lamp has been accredited as a Living Wage Employer. Our Living Wage commitment sees everyone working at Earthen Lamp receive a minimum hourly wage higher than the government minimum for over 25s, which currently stands at £10.90 per hour.