Earthen Lamp Round Up – January 2020
Following a well-deserved rest for the Earthen Lamp team we’ve been up and at it this January – welcome to 2020!
- Communicating your wider impact story effectively can be challenging. We’ve been working with Brum Yodo to collate their organisational impact and create their very own impact summary, to be used as an effective visual communication tool. If you’re interested in working with us to create an impact summary get in touch
- We have recently completed a marketing review and strategy for Centrala as they embark on significant arts and community cohesion activities working with Eastern European communities in Birmingham. Do watch out for their new website launching in the next few weeks.
- We’ve been putting the final touches to Home of Metal’s 2019 impact study. This Summer exhibition celebrating Birmingham’s heavy metal music heritage attracted audiences from far and wide and has been nominated for What’s On Readers Award for Best Midlands Exhibition.
- We’re soon to be working with the team at Birmingham REP, evaluating a new inter-generational community project with 10 local schools. Watch this space for more information on our work with schools.
- We also welcome Keele University as an Earthen Lamp client. We will be evaluating the role of volunteer archivists contributing to the Poor Law project. Read more about the project.
- On 30 January we were attended the event Shaping the Centre for Cultural Value in Cardiff. Vishalakshi has written a blog about this information and thought-provoking event – read more
Finally, some staff updates. We welcome Julia Rosenbaum to the core team as our new Research Executive, whilst Maike Ludley is now Senior Research Executive and Jaanika Okk is now Client Services Manager . Congratulations Julia, Maike and Jaanika on your new roles!